So far Steelhead fishing has been good and I expect it will only to get better as Oregon’s late winter storms roll in. I will be fishing for Steelhead through March then I will move to Spring Chinook on the Willamette and Columbia in April and early May.
We will start our Deschutes River Trout season in mid-May, bookings look good, however we still have June 9-11 and June 12-14 this week is a great week for trout fishing. The Deschutes is one of our most popular fly fishing trips, if you are a fly angler and have not fished the Deschutes you really owe it to yourself to.
After last year it’s not hard to look forward to July and August Rogue rafting season. We finally had a real summer in Southern Oregon. The Rogue is a special river with all it has to offer but when you mix Rogue River rafting and a Southern Oregon summer it’s a one of a kind river experience, I can’t wait!
A great summer rolled into an even better fall last year. The weather was great, water levels were favorable and fishing for half pounds was excellent. Salmon and steelhead fishing was good also but the half pounders stole the show. Historically a good half pounder year is followed by a good adult steelhead year; this simply gives me more to look forward to. As a guide I am truly blessed, I have the chance to travel through Oregon fishing the great rivers Oregon has to offer at the time of year they produce the best. Sometimes my time on the river is to short this only means that I’ll look forward to it more next year.
We are extremely fortunate to have the same crew returning this year, they are all really good people and each one of them brings something special to each river trip. They all do their best to keep me in line or drive me nuts not sure sometimes. I am lucky to get to work with professional quality guides.
Where are we and when?
- February- March: Winter Steelhead fishing, central Oregon coast, primarily the Siletz River.
- April-mid-May: Spring Chinook salmon up on the Willamette and Columbia Rivers
- May-July: Fly Fishing for the World famous Deschutes Resides
- June-July: Trout fishing Grand Ronde river wilderness
- July-August: Wilderness White Water rafting trips on the Rogue River
- August: Fly Fishing Lower Deschutes River summer steelhead
- Sept – Nov: 3- 4 day Rogue River Wilderness steelhead and salmon fishing trips
- September: Fall Chinook fishing Rogue and Coquille
- October: One day steelhead fishing Rogue River
Please call if you should have any questions about any of the trips mentioned above, we will be more than happy to help 1-888-767-3144.
Craig & Tina