Barbequed Trout or Steelhead
- 2 pounds freshly caught Santiam Steelhead or Deschutes Trout fillets
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat your Traeger for medium heat (350), and lightly oil the grate.
- Arrange the trout fillets on large piece of aluminum foil. Whisk together the butter, lemon juice, paprika, and cayenne pepper; brush the mixture onto the fillets.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes; brush the fillets with the barbeque sauce; cook another 2 minutes.
This should be easy to prepare and a new twist for your recently caught trout.
A light white wine like the 2007 Brandborg Riesling would be a delicious pairing for this BBQ trout recipe. The wine is a pale straw color with aromas of nectarine, lemon zest, honey and wet slate minerals. On the palate it bursts with continued nectarine, toasted almonds, minerality and bright acidity. This riesling is on the dry side with just a hint of sweetness in the finish.